With Eric Toensmeier, Rafter Sass Ferguson, and Elizabeth Ü
October 18-23, 2014 at Shannon Farm Community In Afton, VA
Cost: Sliding Scale $595-$895
to register or for more information visitwww.blueridgepermaculture.net
or contact email@example.com
Scaling up ecological agriculture is one of the critical challenges we face in addressing climate change and the global food crisis. Integrated perennial farm businesses are a key part of the solution when planned and managed effectively; join us to learn and practice how!
This 6-day course integrates time-tested farm business planning tools with the holistic landscape planning of permaculture and cutting-edge creative financing strategies. Experienced leaders will guide participants through an intensive planning/design process, from initial visioning, through successional enterprise budgeting, to design of the farm landscape. In this dynamic course, participants will design in teams working on a shared project, with structured time for participants to integrate what they are learning with their own goals and projects. Special sessions will bring in the insight of experienced permaculture farmers.
• identifying and prioritizing values and goals
• land location and capability and land use planning
• enterprise selection strategies with a focus on…
• regenerative farming practices and production systems: perennial and tree crops, managed grazing and livestock integration, and other practices
• financial modeling, record keeping, and optimising financial sustainability
• financing regenerative enterprises through community supported models, crowdfunding, and other creative methods
• start-up and long-term development strategies on US permaculture farms
• budgeting for integrated perennial and livestock systems
• market research and strategies
Participants will come away with the skills necessary to build their own regenerative enterprise scenario, and a roadmap for fleshing it out into a full farm and business plan.